Glass Pack® - Replacement Filter Media for Sand Filters
Glass Filter Media
Finely crushed recycled glass filter media for pool, industrial,and environmental sand filtration
that provides outstanding water clarity and quality - a direct replacement for
sand or ZEOlite in both freshwater and saltwater pools. Glass Pack® media
works with all sanitizers and sand filter platforms. Filters backwash 1/4 as
much when using glass instead of sand, and the media filters skin and blood cells too.
Since 2006, Ecosmarte has installed over 20,000 pools on five continents.
Our product has been sterilized and uses a proprietary mesh to follow all
capacity specs for sand and gravity filter manufacturers. Glass Pack® will yield 4 to 6 weeks between backwashes, and last 7 to 8 years.
Glass Pack® has been copied by several processors. These medias typically require backwash every 2 or 3 weeks and replacement every 3 to 4 years.
Ask any water or equipment question; receive a detailed answer within 24 hours.
Superior Water Filtration
- Cleaner, lighter weight, highly angular crushed recycled glass provides an amazing 25‰ improvement in turbidity removal over silica sand and is equivalent to ZEOlite.
- Crushed glass filtration media generally removes finer particles from water than silica sand of an equivalent grade, and is comparable to properly configured ZEOlite.
- Weak negative surface charge holds fine particles and positively charged iron and manganese ions that are easily released upon backwashing for well water pools with iron.
- Crushed glass filtration media is less likely to block or channel than silica sand or ZEOlite and will not support moss or fungus growth in the media as with sand and ZEOlite. Glass Pack® uses 50% of the water compared to ZEOlite.
- Benefits and Data Sheet
Safer Water Filtration
- Glass Pack® filters skin cells, blood cells and 70% of all bacteria such as coliform or ecoli. No need to "shock" or flocculate the pool as with sand or cartridge filters
- Glass Pack® contains no crystalline silica - resulting in better lung protection for employees and a far healthier environment. Silica is a TYPE I known aspirant carcinogen.
- Glass Pack® is manufactured from 100‰ recycled glass, sterilized and machined like sugar.
- Glass Pack® grains are amorphous, smooth particles that have higher attrition strength and do not permanently trap bacteria in cracks.
- Use of Glass Pack® filter media will lower your consumption of chlorine and coagulants. Coagulants and metal removers are not compatible with ZEOlite and are compatible with glass.
- Glass Pack® media is superior to DE and it will change your life if you manage your own filter.
- Glass Pack® saves 400% of the backwash water used with silica sand and saves TWICE as much water as the unsterlized and plate glass competition.
- Glass Pack® has TWICE the service life of the other glass media available.
- ECOLI microbes avarege 9 microns and filter with glass media.
The First Platinum
Residential - La Jolla
Lower Cost Water Filtration
- Quick and easy pool filter installation, saves you money, time, water, chemicals and labor.
- Improved performance for pressure or gravity flow pool filters and all low pressure high flow applications such as wastewater or cooling water loops.
- Weighing the same as sand, ECOsmarte® Glass Pack® filtration media provides more filter volume per pound as the entire bed filters.
- Better permeability–backwashes with up to 75% less water, saving down-time and water/sewer charges.
- Glass Pack® filters clean pool or pond water more efficiently, lowering pool operating cost and extending the life of your filter.
- Comparable initial cost to ZEOlite to dealers or consumers (Retails at $1 per lb of filter capacity).
Talk with a water filtration expert
- 1-800-466-7946 - North America
- (612)-866-1200 - International
Glass Pack® Installation Video
No odor, no algae, no bagfilters
CAR WASH RECLAMATION